Tuesday, August 7, 2007

We are almost there

Let me tell you, painting kitchen cabinets are not for the faint of heart. But, they are well worth the effort! We are nearly done, but are having to have a cabinet maker come out and hang the doors. He said that commonly occurs when switching out the type of hinges we have to new ones.

Yesterday I spent the entire day cleaning our house from top to bottom. Mom watched the kids for me so that I could get some serious work done. It is wonderful to have a clean house. I got to go to the barn and see my horse yesterday, too!

You guys keep Scott in mind today. It is SO hot outside. He did fine yesterday, and said that the drivers were reminded yesterday to go slow and drink lots of fluids. Scott said he drank almost 2 gallons of water yesterday! He is sensible about the heat, thank goodness.

5 comments:

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Looks like the house is coming together beautifully. I know it's hard work but just keep thinking how great is going to be when you finish.....are renovations ever really completely done? I didn't forget your birthday...thought about it the week before but then did forget to send you an email on your birthday. Hope you had a great one. Love you.

Patrice said...

Kristi, the cabinets look great. I hope you were able to get a lot done today. Tell Kate and Brooks Aunt Trice loves them.

Roxy Wishum said...

I did not see the UPS truck in Wetumpka yesterday. I thought maybe they took off when it got hot.

Kristi said...

Haha you postal worker.

Lerra said...

Ew...I hope I never have to paint cabinets! Props to you for that project!