Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birmingham was great

The JCVMA conference was great. It was good to see many people that I haven't seen in several years. Dr. Bartley, my favorite veterinarian, was there. Dr. Daniel was there too. I was a technician at Dr. Goodwin's clinic when Dr. Bartley was there, and Dr. Daniel did his preceptorship and was employed there, too. It is so strange to think of them as fellow colleagues. Oh, the memories!

Candy, Robin, Rennie, Rebecca, Tonya and Trisha - I saw several faces you would know. Dr. Blagburn and Dr. McIntyre were there was speakers. Mandy Rains was there, too. She was the only classmate of ours I saw there. She looked great; she has lost around 30 pounds since graduating. Brandy (one of the techs from neuro rotation) was there, too. She is in Huntsville now and has a 4 year old daughter that looks just like her.

I thought Dr. Norsworthy's lectures were fantastic, as usual. He always presents such practical information. I got a copy of his latest book - I actually won it in a raffle. I have looked over it for over an hour tonight - it is great! Listening to liver lectures reminds me that I think I have forgotten most that I learned about hepatitis! I plan to really brush up on this topic over the next few weeks. I know, I'm a nerd. But, CE's always get me inspired. I need to study before the inspiration dwindles! HA!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristi-
Just wanted to tell you that my blog "venting" was not just in response to the comments left on my blog, but to some things that happened while we were at church too. I realize I am too sensitive too though, it is a weakness of mine and has been for some time. Anyway, I appreciate you reading our blog and I appreciate your insights. So, it's all good :)
Keep up the great posting!

The Hester Family said...

Hey you - I got your message from yesterday this afternoon (I'm so bad about my phone). I'm so glad you had a good time and got a break for some Kristi-time!

Roxy Wishum said...

Sounds like great fun for Dr. Kristi.