Friday, August 3, 2007

Auburn Hill Drive, Chapter 2



Most of you don't know, but we live on a historical street. The first governor of Alabama (and the only gov of Alabama as a territory) is buried on this street. This land was once their family farm. He and his wife and several children are buried in a private cemetary at the end of the street. You can barely see the black wrough iron of the graveyard by the american flag. There are several young children buried there - it reminds me of how fragile babies were back in those days. I am so glad we live in 2007!

4 comments:

Roxy Wishum said...

Wow! That is cool. Maybe Scott will grow up to be governor some day?

Roxy Wishum said...

Do you know the history of the name of the street?

Kristi said...

No, but I told Scott that I wanted to learn the history of that, and our town (name, etc.) Maybe when I have some "free" time - HA!

Lerra said...

Our street doesn't even show up on Mapquest yet. Not much character there... :-)