Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The carpet is in






The guys finished laying down the carpet today just after noon. I wasn't sure they were coming today, but I was so happy that today was the day for them.

So, while many of you are wondering, "WHY ARE THEY COVERING HARDWOOD?" - well, here you go:
  1. The hardwood floors that were put in 20 years ago were showing significant signs of wear.
  2. There was water damage on the west side of the living room, and the wood had begun to buckle.
  3. The previous owners kept their dogs in large wire crates that scratched the floor.
  4. It was laid as a 3" then 5" width, and I hate for things to be that unsymmetrical.
  5. To have them refinished (sanded and stained) would have cost almost as much as carpet.
  6. My feet hurt all the time from walking on so many hard surfaces.
  7. The new hardwood in the kitchen and foyer are so wonderful; they instantly made the living room hardwood look terrible.
  8. Brooks is learning to crawl and walk!
  9. I hate to sweep, and I really hate to sweep the living room! Vacuuming is so much easier.
  10. The finish was so poor that I couldn't mop them at all. The room felt dirty all the time.

I really didn't think that I could come up with that many reasons! HA! I guess I have been stirring about these floors for a while. Anyway, we are so happy to have some pretty carpet installed!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good answers, you were ready for the hardwood floor police!! You are hilarious!!

Matthew said...

My wife said she wants hardwood floors. She also told me why they are better. Good for you.

Lerra said...

We used to have hardwood floors, and while they are nice to look at, carpet is definitely easier to deal with. I'm with you 100%!