Monday, December 17, 2007

Excessive Celebration II and Santa Closet










*Yes, our weekend of Christmas fun has come and gone, and it was great! We are tired but happy and glad to have accomplished our tasks.

*Friday went off without a hitch. My co-workers from the clinic came over for Christmas dinner. It was an informal affair and we had some fabulous food. Jason got here and finished hanging the chandelier around 4pm (and everyone arrived around 6:30pm). The light is beautiful and really adds to the room. We were very excited!

*Saturday we had Christmas Breakfast at the church bldg. We had been telling Kate that we were going to see Santa Clause again, and she was so excited to see Santa "Closet" (as she says). On the way there, she pulled one of her shoes off, and wanted help getting it back on. I told her she would have to wait until we got to the church bldg, and I would fix it there. TEARS welled up in her eyes, but she didn't make a whimper, but then said, "I don't want to go to church bldg, I want to see Santa Closet". Bless her - she was pitiful!

*She had a great time - and sat on Santa's lap (Brooks screamed this time!). When asked what she wanted for Christmas, she replied, "Presents". Makes my job easier! :)

*Then, Sunday was our Cookie Swap. I look forward to this every year. It is the most fun, and you get great cookies to take home to boot. This year it was at our house (I planned it the same weekend as the clinic dinner to just make it easier to keep our house REALLY clean for just 2 days... you know how it is with children...) I didn't get the house as ready as I would have liked it, but I got my best done. Being sick last week didn't help that. But, we all had such a good time, and I had a GREAT time.

*I have so looked forward to having people over, and Christmas here, so our house will feel like our home. And, it does more every day.

*So, we are exhausted, but happy. Work was crazy as usual. Scott has survived the busiest delivery day of the year; and even had a smile on his face when he got home. I will be shopping tomorrow. Enjoy these pictures from our weekend!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Johnston said...

I'm really glad everything went well for you! I love your new light! It's gorgeous!
I also love your kids christmas outfits! Where did you get Kate's polka dot bow? I've been looking for some and they just don't sell them up here.

Kristi said...

You know, my mother-in-law made it. She has made all the bows for her grandaughters, and she is good at it! I have asked her to make some more colors - I just loved this one with the dress. There is a touch of yellow in the smock.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the kids. They are both getting so big & more beautiful/handsome everyday.

Sandy Ledwell said...

Sorry I missed the cookie swap - it looks like everyone had a great time. The stomach virus kept me at home! I'll look forward to next time!