Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas at Auburn Hill Drive!


Well, Santa was good to us this year! Let's see:


Kate got a vacuum (and she has really cleaned the house this morning!), a sit and spin, some stickers, a Magna Doodle, a Breyer rug for her horses, and some other things.


Brooks got a Lighting McQueen car, some Hot Wheels, a Magna Doodle, and some other smaller things.


Last night we got the best Christmas present from our neighbors... Jimmy got our fireplace working (a.k.a. - he turned the chimney on) and the warmth from the fire was wonderful. Then, they had us over for Christmas dinner at their house (just across the street). It was a the most pleasant surprise after a hard day at work for me. I just can't say enough how glad we are to live in this house. It gets just more wonderful every day. Thank you to the Weekleys!


After gifts, we went to the clinic this morning with a sick puppy that I had kept here last night. It put a bit of a damper on my morning because the puppy just wasn't doing well at all. Of course, I had done all I could, and it would either live or die, but I just felt sad that it was some little girl's Christmas present. Dr. Brooks had it now, so I guess I will find out later on what happened to it.


The kids feel great - no one is sick! Quite a change from 2 years ago (when we left the hospital on Christmas Eve after Kate was there for 3 days with RSV). We are so blessed and happy. It's been a wonderful holiday!

3 comments:

The Hester Family said...

Merry Christmas! We can't wait to see you all in a few days. I'm so glad Santa was good to K and B. I bet Santa was bad to Precious since he's been so bad this year. Yep.

Love,
Aunt Casey

Kristi said...

I can't wait for him to see that comment! :)

Leah said...

Looks like it was a great one!!