Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in Mobile 2007






We left after Scott got off work on Friday night. I spent the entire day running last minute errands and packing, and we got off at a reasonable time (at least for us). But, then we had to take the dogs to the clinic for the weekend, and that also put us a little behind. Well, the trip down was uneventful, and we ended up getting there about 11:30pm. It was a little hard getting the kids settled, since they fell asleep on the way and woke up after getting there.


What was unexpected was Kate. She just couldn't get back to sleep at all. I was also having trouble. Scott was so tired, I don't think that he knew much that she wasn't sleeping. But, I did. She kept crawling to the bed and trying to get on it (she was on a pallet). And, loudly whispering her prayers over and over. So, I finally decided to get up with her and go watch TV. I gave her lots of milk, hoping that would make her sleepy. That was at 2am. I turned off the TV at 3am, and we fell asleep on the couch. I woke at 5:45am, and brought us back to bed (and her to the floor).


When Brooks woke up at 8:40am (now, you KNOW he was tired to have slept that long), Scott got up with him. I asked him to put Kate in the bed with me, and we'd sleep a bit longer. Well, she kept stirring, and then I whispered to her, "Do you want to get up?" And her whispered reply was, (I truly don't think she had anything else to say, after the previous night... She probably heard this 2,000 times!) "Close your eyes and go back to sleep!"


Scott and I did some last minute shopping and we opened gifts that night. Sunday, we got ready for church, and rode with Scott's parents in their van. Kate exclaimed with delight, "We're riding in Paw Paw's bullet!" So funny! We got home around 6pm Sunday night and got to bed early, because we had a long Monday ahead of us (see the next post).


Here are a few pictures of the weekend!

No comments: