Sunday, December 9, 2007

Brooks' bed head, Kate's new big girl bed...






I have been thinking of this post for a while. Since this is for family and friends, and also my "journal/memory book", I wanted to take a minute and think about how my kids are so different:
  • Kate and Brooks have always been good sleepers.

  • Kate will sleep until 7am, and Brooks is up before 6am talking.

  • Brooks is much more of a talker than Kate was.

  • Kate is a much better eater than Brooks is.

  • Kate would try so much food; Brooks will try hardly anything.

  • Kate was always great at dressing (she learned quickly to help us put her shirts on); Brooks has never liked being dressed.

  • Brooks is great at letting me put his shoes on - he holds his feet up to do it. Kate used to fight me by curling her toes.

  • Kate seems tougher than Brooks. He is much more sensitive.
  • The were both late crawlers and walkers (Brooks isn't walking yet).

  • Kate's teeth came in one at the time. Brooks' teeth come in groups.

  • So, Kate had little trouble teething. Brooks was a nightmare.

  • When Kate is sick, we are usually up and down with her at night. Brooks has never woken us up at night when he is sick.

  • Kate was much sicker as a baby than Brooks has been.

  • They are both great car riders.

  • Kate is a daddy's girl; Brooks is a mama's boy.

  • Kate loves my horse, Reed. Brooks wants nothing much to do with him (although he is getting better)

  • Kate loves, loves, loves milk. Brooks is difficult to get to drink it, although he is getting better.

  • Kate was a late talker. Brooks babbles all the time. I think he gets that from Scott.

  • Both are great medicine takers.

  • Kate loves to read books. Brooks isn't as interested (could it be because he is the 2nd child and I don't have as much time?)

  • Kate was a little ticklish. You can almost make Brooks laugh by thinking about tickling him.

  • Brooks has always smiled and laughed. Kate didn't have that hearty laugh as a baby that he has. I know he gets that from Scott!

Well, I'm sure that I will come up with more. I really enjoyed that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your family page!! Whata great idea to compare the kiddos, I'm going to do that also. Your children are beautiful. I'm glad to see you and Scott doing so well!! Love you guys!
Beth & Terry