Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Well, we thought we were better...

Brooks seemed better yesterday. His cough was improved, his diarrhea has stopped and he ate a good lunch.

Last night, we tried a different approach. I placed the humidifier in his room and let him sleep there. We slept in the spare bedroom so that we could hear him. I only heard him cough at 5am, and he never cried. I think he slept good. Scott said when he peeked in on him this morning he was smiling...

And, then that melted away...

I just put him back to bed.

He doesn't want to eat.
He doesn't want to drink.
He doesn't want to be held.
He doesn't want to be put down.
He doesn't want to go outside.
He doesn't want to be rocked.
He doesn't want his diaper changed. (I did that anyway)

So I am discouraged about how the rest of the day is going to go. Brooks and I are both tired of him being sick.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Here's hoping he's better when he wakes up this time!

angie said...

Poor little man. You know he has to feel really bad if he is that unhappy. You named some of the things he loved (being held & going outside) & they just wouldn't do for him this morning.

Sarah said...

That is tough isn't it? You feel so bad for him and you want him to get better, but it is hard on everyone else as well. Hang in there! I'm still praying for your family, and that no one else catches what he has.

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. There is nothing worse than having an unhappy baby and when they don't feel good they are not happy. Hope he will be better soon. Hugs from Aunt Pat