Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Our week

I will catch you up on what we have been doing these past weeks.

For starters, 2 weekends ago, our former adopted student Holly came up for homecoming at FU. She stayed with us on Sat. night, and we had a great time. Kate really enjoyed seeing her, and she remembered her, too! Our new adopted student, Mattie, came over for supper that Sat night and it was fun seeing our adopted students together!

This past weekend we spent Saturday painting inside the house. Scott has caulked the crown molding in the living room, and I got the mantle painted, and some of the window casings painted too. There is so much still to do inside our house, but we are back on track working on it. (we have taken breaks here and there). I also got our dining room table painted with primer - and it is ready for a paint coat... I am going to do a treatment similar to our cabinets, but make the chocolate glaze darker. I also have 4 casters to place under the table legs to raise the height a bit.

The past few weeks at work have been really nice. Busy, but not overwhelming. Kathleen called me today and told me that Kirk was probably going to call to see if I could possibly help with their clinic in Dothan - I would love to get to work with Kirk. But, it will be a job to get down there - leaving the kids here, of course. We'll see - if he needs me.

Life is returning to normal since losing Jack. It is now much easier to think about happier times and funnier days. We still miss him, and Kate still remembers to thank God for him in her prayers at night. She hasn't asked about him but still thanks God for him. She is such a sweet girl.

Brooks is still teething - I can see 4 teeth on the verge of eruption - and there are probably more. He has been incredibly difficult for the last 3 weeks. While I am trying to understand, it is still frustrating. He can be so sweet and so good, and so frustrating at times. Much more than Kate ever has been. Kathleen suggested the book by James Dobson about raising strong willed boys. I think I need to read it.

We are anxiously getting ready to go to the Mountains. It is only 2 weeks away - so hard to believe! Kate has been saying, "Gon to see Papa, Gon see Boots (his dog)". That tickles Papa good.

Well, I think that pretty much covers it. I am thankful for a less stressful week than the last.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I have read, "Bringing Up Boys" by Dr. Dobson and I am in the process of reading "The New Strong Willed Child" My mom suggested that I read these books, especially since its seems that I have a "strong willed" boy! So far they have been filled with good advice.

Rebecca said...

I did not know that the strong willed child book existed! I too have read Bringing up Boys and it was well worth the reading! I will have to find the other book. It seems as if I am right there with you -with Reese.