Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The back splash! What do you think?






Ok, here are the pictures!
****The first picture was taken before we got possession of the house. Yes, this is a disaster. I can still remember the smell of shrimp wafting through the house. Yuck.
****The second is of the original stove, again taken when the previous owners were still here. Notice the tin foil that lined the back and sides of the cabinets. Yes, that was there to cover the burnt marks on the cabinets from the previous grease fire.
****The third is of the cabinets mid painting. At this point, we had the new appliances in, and the counters and floors had been put in as well. Of course, the entire kitchen looks unbelievably cluttered - and that's OUR MESS!
****The fourth is of the tile, pre-grout. NO, I did not take a before pic of the back splash. It was bare sheet rock from where we had pulled the wallpaper down. I meant to take a pic last Friday morning, but in my busyness I forgot.
****And, the fifth is post grout! I almost had a disaster getting the bits of grout up off the counters and stove - like living at a beach house and having sand everywhere. But, we are so happy with the results! Every time we update something, I think, "This is the best thing we have done" - and I think that about this back splash! A local flooring business here in Millbrook did it, and we got a good deal on the project.
****Thanks for all the encouraging comments all along. Our house is becoming our home.
****AS other bloggers have complained, SORRY that the writing is all jumbled! It wasn't typed that way!****

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you made that kitchen look so fresh and new!! Snaps to you, my friend!

As for pictures . . . I would love to take pictures of your precious kids!!!! My fee is $150 and for that you get a stress-free photo shoot (no real posing, just hanging out for however long it takes to get some great pictures), a book of one 4x6 print of every picture I take (up to 100 pictures), and a CD with contact sheets of all of the pictures. I'm more than happy to do reprints or enlargements for you, but most people would rather just do them on their own using the CD because it's more affordable. It's more of a hassle, but it's more affordable . . . leaving you with the good ole' debate about which is more valuable - time or money?

If that is something you're interested in doing, just give me a call and we'll set up a time. I'm very flexible and can work around naps and eating schedules - we want everyone to be happy! We can do it at your home, at my home or at some other location that sounds fun or has special meaning to you. The pictures of the girls on my blog were taken on their front porch, so you can see that we don't need anything major fancy for adorable pictures - just some place that everyone is comfortable.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Unknown said...

Very impressive! I like it!

Liz said...

It looks beautiful! Congrats!!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I just found your blog through your comment on Nicole's blog with her newly painted cabinets. I had to come and see yours. They look soooooo pretty!! I love it!! I am too chicken to paint my cabinets yet. They aren't that bad since they remodeled (oddly remodeled, but still remodeled) them a few years back. Your cream cabinets are very pretty and I love the backsplash. So pretty!