Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to the grind...

We had a good weekend at our home. Randy taught our Sunday School class this morning and it was fantastic! He is my favorite bible teacher. We are studying Mark this quarter, but next quarter we will be back to II Samuel. The study of the character David is just fascinating. You know what we all know about David: he slayed Goliath and had an affair. But, there is so much more to his character than that.

Randy (our minister) had a really great lesson tonight, too. He spoke about the importance of acting from your brain rather than acting from your feelings. This lesson applies to practically every part of your life. I'm sorry that I can't get deeper than this - we still have 2 young children...

I hope to be going to Mom's house on Tuesday to start sewing on my curtains. My first sewing project! My embroidering skills are great, but sewing...? Well, we'll see...

Hope my lunch bunch girls have a great week. Missed you, Suellen! Wish we didn't have to wait until after January to meet again!


My favorite embroidery project to date. This was for Maddox's quilt.

2 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

well, here's a thought ~ why don't we meet once a month? choose three eateries and we'll rotate between these. That way, one place doesn't have to deal with the children each time :) although, the Grille had such a menu I could eat there every time. So, why don't we put out the word to the Lunch Bunch girls and ask them to take a poll that you and I will have on our blogs. I don't want to wait until after the holidays :)
We can set, say the second Saturday, of each month and those that come will. Those that can't could plan on the next month.
What do you think?

Me on Metatrophin said...

Missed seeing you, too! I was looking forward to meeting you in person! You've been a great friend over thes long months! When I do come, I'll have a new baby girl with me!

Your embroidery is WONDERFUL! Wish I had that talent!!