Monday, March 24, 2008

Lots to write, pics to follow

OK - our busy weekend actually started when we decided to ride the church van on the way there (who can forget Bullet's "issue" 2 years ago?) That decision was made late Wednesday night. Mindful, I work on Thursday. So, we had to pack on Wed night after church. Yuck. With packing finished, I brought the kids to Mom and Dads the next morning (to stay there while I worked), so that we could spend the night there that night (we had to be at the church bldg at 6:45am Friday morning). We got up at 6am, Dad and Scott watched the ISS and the docked Space Shuttle go over the horizon (really) and afterwards we rushed to the bldg.

The trip was fine. The kids did great going up there. We got to our room, I showered, and then we took off to find something to eat. After Kate managed to get pizza sauce all over her clothes, we went back to our room to get a nap. We saw some puppet performances that afternoon - but didn't go to the awards that night - we were just too tired!

Kate had her own bed, we brought the pack-n-play for Brooks, and we had our bed. I don't think we got 3 good hours of sleep that night. Brooks talks (babbles, rather) in his sleep, and Kate just plain wouldn't quit talking.

So, exhausted, we got up at 6:30 am Sat morning (5:30 AL time.... 4:30 AL time 2 weeks ago) and I took Kate to see some of the girls speeches. Caroline L. did such a great job - she ended up winning her division. Then we met up with Scott, had an early lunch, and I headed to the "University room" to watch Lucy B and Trace C while their siblings competed. Brooks and Scott headed to the room to get some sleep. We met back at our hotel room later on, in time for Brooks to wake up and Kate to sleep while Scott judged Bible Bowl. Later on we met with Angie and Allen and got some supper before the awards.

The awards night is so fun. It is really loud and you can really show your church spirit. The Youth group kids did such a great job. Unfortunately, though, we missed most of it because OUR kids had had it. So had I, frankly. So we went to bed early, I took a Dramamine, and slept very nicely!

Sun AM we got up at 6:00 AM (5 AM AL time) and got the room packed up before church, which started at 8 AM. I thought that the kids might like a doughnut before, but they both refused (after I had gotten in line, bought them, and got downstairs to get them to eat them. Oh well) Scott barely made it in time to take communion. But, he did. Then we waited on the bus (it came at 9:45) and we were home by 12:15. What a weekend.

Convention was great but exhausting! I do think it will be easier when our kids are older. I am glad we went, and we will continue to go... Enjoy the pics to come.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

What a busy weekend, reading it makes me want to go and take a nap! I am glad you guys had such a great time. I know you wouldn't have had such a great time if your babies weren't SO good! You're a good mama Kristy!

~S~

Leah said...

Sounds exhausting...precisely why we stayed at home with our little ones!! Next year though!

Unknown said...

Great update!! I hate we missed it. You have really improved on your photography skills...keep it up! I love Kate's green polka dot outfit. That's a Beaux et Belles...I can spot that brand a mile away b/c it's my fav. !! :-)

Liz said...

I am glad you had a good time. I know you are exhausted!!! I love your pictures!!! I need to take some lessons from you. I guess I could start with actually getting my camera out of its case more often!

Unknown said...

Kristi,
Do y'all have the stomach virus? A good many that went to LTL are sick with it.

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad y'all are in the "clear". Jackson and Jason have it(jason is better), Payton M. has it, Carson L has had it, Lisa and her twins...and the list goes on. We are staying home tonight in hopes to avoid it...Ford will catch a sromach virus from a million miles away! :-(

Unknown said...

I wish blogger would just let us reply to the email. :-) I thought I'd give you a warning! :-) It seems though a LOT of people have it...yuck!!