Saturday, September 22, 2007

We are pooped









Brooks' birthday party was today. Granted, it was few in number, but I'm sure that our family and friends were thinking of us! I made his cake a Pumpkin Praline Torte (minus the pecans). For those who don't know, I make special cakes for our kids on their birthday, just like my Mom did. As I was making the cake today, I told Scott, "I just can't wait to hear our kids complain (one day) that they don't have birthday cakes like everyone else..." Oh well.

He liked the cake! But, he didn't eat it as well as Kate did her first cake. He got a Giraffe/Blocks toy from Mama and Daddy, a Tad Leap Frog toy from GanGan and PawPaw, a telephone from Cousin Megan and Aunt Trice, a walk and learn from Mimi and Pa, a dump truck from Miss Meredith and Miss Abby, and pajamas from Uncle Mark and Aunt Leah.

Tonight, Brent and Rebecca (and kids) and Mark and Leah (and kids) came over for supper and to watch the GA/AL game. We enjoyed having them over so much! It felt like a "coming out" party for our house we have been working so hard on. The kids had so much fun. When everyone left, Kate asked me, "Did you have fun, Mama?" When I asked her the same, she said, "Yes Mam, Mama!"

3 comments:

Leah said...

We had fun too! Thanks for inviting us!!

Lerra said...

BROOKS LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE SCOTT!! :-)

Glad y'all had a good weekend...go dawgs!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for having us over. We had a great time! I would love to have the soup recipe!