Saturday, September 8, 2007

Dr. K and Butterscotch

Well, today was a whirlwind! It started with all of us sleeping in late - for the first time (I think) since Brooks was born. It was only until 7:45am - but we'll take what we can get! Scott headed to Walmart to do the weekly grocery run, and I set out cleaning the house.

Since Brooks is now standing regularly in his crib, I lowered it again. He has changed so much in the last few weeks. Kate had a difficult morning with potty accidents - including a rather large spot on our recliner... argh... But, fortunately for Kate, her mother is a veterinarian and I have the urine odor remover already that we needed! (Nature's Miracle for all of those wondering)

Hayes' 3rd birthday party was today - Happy Birthday, Hayes! Kate and Brooks had a great time playing with the other kids. We stayed to watch the football game, a heart breaker for GA against SC. Like Scott said, you just hate to lose to Spurrier. Not that Brooks wasn't cheering for the dawgs - he wore his UGA onesie. And, I'm proud to say that Kate did a phenomenal potty job this afternoon - not pottying in her pullup from 1:30 to 8:30pm - and put her to bed with a dry pullup! That is a Kate record! I just hope that she isn't 5 before we see that type of day again....

In case any of you were wondering, long story short - Mark and Leah suggested that if Scott and I had a morning show on the radio, our names would be Dr. K and Butterscotch. We had a great time tonight, guys!

2 comments:

Leah said...

YoYoYo-this is Dr.K and Butterscotch...can't you just hear it??!!! We had a great time too!! GOOD JOB KATE-POO!!

Sharon said...

I know this has nothing to do with your current blog, but I'm answering your request to tell you about Brian and the elevator. It was a long time ago when he was about 2 years old. I had gone to the Mall to do some shopping before it was time to pick up Melissa from kindergarten. I was really in a hurry, but Brian saw the elevator that you could "see" out of, and of couse, wanted to ride it. Once we got on, someone on the very top floor (at that time there was a 3rd floor with eating tables set up)must have pushed the button because the elevator went straight to the top, the doors opened, surprising Brian, and when the lady got on, he shot off right past everyone. Before I could push my way to the front of the passengers, the doors closed, separating me and Brian. I was PETRIFIED! All I could do was ride back down on the elevator, as there were no stairs to get to the upper deck, but, of course, the elevator stopped on each floor to take on passengers, and I started thinking I might never get back up to the 3rd floor. When the doors shut and Brian realized his Mama was not with him, he became frightened and began banging on the elevator doors and calling "Mama" at the top of his lungs! (You can imagine how that echoed in the mall.) Needless to say, once I finally did get back up to him, we had a very serious understanding about why he needed to hold onto my hand, and not go running out elevator doors all alone! This is just one example of life with Brian. I have other good stories I could tell you some other time -- just always be prepared if you are the mother of a boy.