Wednesday, September 5, 2007

College freshmen and Stinky children

Ok, tonight there were gobs of freshmen from Faulkner at church. How I miss those days! Not that I miss my first few days there, but the time that I spent at Faulkner was just priceless. Not that I wish I could go back to those days; I am quite happy where my life is now. But, I love thinking about the good times I shared there with so many lifelong friends.

On the second note - this topic came up in conversation a few weeks ago with some women, and it was something I just hadn't thought about. There was a teacher there, and she said that she used the fragrance oils to make her classroom smell better, since she couldn't use plug-ins or candles. She said that her kids had begun to smell, and that she sent notes home for them to use deodorant! I instantly thought of Kate, sweaty from playing, face all red, but there is no smell - honestly, I didn't think of it until that moment. It didn't occur to me that she didn't stink.

So, when do kids begin to stink?

Oh, the thoughts of first time moms of 2 year olds.

3 comments:

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Talk to Ashley. She says her boys stink. I don't think they do, well, except maybe for their little feet!

Leah said...

Too funny! My guys stink when they've been outside, but it's not BO it's outside stink...I think the BO comes later...like 10ish??

Lerra said...

I agree with Leah...sometimes you can smell "outside" on a kid, but surely not B.O. at that age! I remember when I was 10 & my mom told me it was time for me to start using deodorant. Ahh, memories... :-)