Sunday, July 22, 2007

My own little bar of Ivory Soap

So far, I have used this blog for family and house updates, but tonight I wanted to put down something different.

Long story short, yesterday Scott and I were joking, and he told me to just name anything that I wanted. Anything in the world (within reason - HA!) that I wanted, and he would give it to me. And, I couldn't come up with anything! That should mean that I am a pretty contented person, and I have always considered myself to be that. But, it did aggravate me that I couldn't come up with just one thing.

Tonight, I have that one thing. I wish that Scott could give me a best girlfriend. Yes, Scott is my very best friend. He is wonderful, loving, thoughtful and so very funny. But, there are sometimes that I just wish I had a good girlfriend to talk to, shop with, get pedicures with, or just chat about my and their day. You know, fun things that girls like to do. I have had friendships like this occasionally in my life, but they don't seem to last. It would be nice to have a friendship where either distance or life doesn't get into the way.

Wow, I feel like I am in the 7th grade all over again! This has sure been on my mind a lot lately. I am thankful for the friends I have. I probably am not the only girl out there that thinks like this - am I? :)

On another note, I will be working everyday at the clinic this week, so posts may be a bit slow. Maybe I'll have a funny animal story for you guys!

9 comments:

Roxy Wishum said...

Now I'm wishing I were a girl. I plan to stop at the "close-out sale" in your shopping center tomorrow afternoon. If you are working late afternoon, I will stick my head in and say "hi".

The Wentz Writer said...

Aww, that entry made me sad. But I can relate. It's hard to make good friends in adulthood. I think it is because "life" gets in the way of those friendships, work, family, and daily chores. Life was so much easier when we were younger. I sometimes feel jealous of those people who have lived in the same location since high school and have the same friends.

Unknown said...

You call me anytime, girl!! I'm all about some pedicures...and shopping, but you knew that!

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Hey there. Even @ my "ripe old age" I can relate to the sentiments in your comments. I often think that it would be fun to do those "girlie" things with my sisters or girlfriends from long ago. Fortunately for me I have two daughters who seem to love to hang out with me for pedicures, shopping and talking over lunch. I think it would be wonderful if the "fab five" cousins lived closer to each other. You all seem to have a great time when you are together. Love reading your blog and keeping up with you through it. Love you, Aunt Pat

Lerra said...

I know exactly how you feel! I am so blessed to have a couple of "best friends" now, but in previous years, I didn't have that kind of relationship. I agree that it's because life gets in the way. And it definitely makes a difference when you've lived in the same spot your whole life like I have. :-)

We need to have you & your fam over for dinner sometime!!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

Hey Kristi! I'm not sure if you remember me or not. Liz Harris Johnston; I went to Faulkner and was in Delta. I married Mitchell Johnston. Anyway, I really wish we still lived in Montgomery because I would be calling you a lot to go and do things. I've always felt that way too. My mom is my best friend besides my husband. But I would like someone other than family to confide in and do things with.
Just wanted to let you know I'm in the blog world. My address is:
www.sissyandtheboys.blogspot.com
I've added you to my "friends blog" list. Would love to keep in touch with you! You're children are so cute! I didn't know you had a little boy. I'm way behind on everything! Look forward to talking to you!......

Melissa said...

Wow! You never realize how people are connected. I am so glad to hear from you - your kids are so adorable, too!

This post brings back so many memories of elementary school and sleep overs and riding my bike over to your house - thanks for being a great friend. Those years seem so far away to me. Life changes often and sometimes unexpectedly - but I am very glad that we can reconnect over the years and miles!

I definitely want to keep in touch - my email is melissa_estes@yahoo.com - hope you have a great week!

Leah said...

I think we all feel like that sometimes! We've got to be better about making time to get together! Hey, football season is coming...we'll leave the kids and go for a pedicure! HA HA I'm sure Scott and Mark wouldn't let us out the door!

Leslie said...

It's a small world. I have found so many people that I know with blogger. Your family is so cute! Tell your family hello for me. I will continue to check your blog.