Thursday, June 11, 2009

VBS 2009

This year our theme for VBS was "The Game Plan". The characters we studied about were:

Perseverance: Elijah
Leadership: Moses
Attitude: Noah
Noble: Esther

My class was hilarious. These kids were so comical! We were the "Thunderbolts".

Have you seen my FB this week? Well, during the lesson about Elijah, I told them how God sent Elijah ravens with bread to feed him. One of the kids asked if I thought the birds pooped on Elijah. Well, I said I was pretty sure that God told them NOT to poop on the bread.

The last night, I was asking them how they should NOT treat their Bibles. One child responded, "You don't flush it down the toilet!"

By Wednesday night, all the children were tired. There were kids crying everywhere! (including my own) We all had a great time, but we are glad that it will be another year before VBS again.



My sweet girl. That smile is my favorite.



Brooks and Daddy.



My kids



They were so proud to be the Thunderbolts!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mimi said...

That is the cutest pic of Kate! She is smiling so naturally! Know you all were tired but know that the kids had a great time, too. Like your new header!

T. Brodie said...

btw- I COULDN'T think of an animal name to go with the threes! I had Tigers for the twos, and Falcons for the fours. There aren't any "th" animals! (Unless you can think of one)