Saturday, June 6, 2009

Busy days at work

I worked this week Mon, Thurs and Friday. Dr. B wanted to go out of town. Well, these were the busiest yet.

My days are such a whirlwind. Now, yesterday I felt like we had things under control until around 2pm, when all chaos broke out. By 4pm, I had 2 very sick patients, another that needed a blood transfusion, and a 3rd that was a dog fight that had 1 1/2 hours of wounds to sew. We literally left work at 8:15pm last night. That was my latest ever. Didn't write up a single chart. If I had, I would have probably spent the night!

I love what I do. I love where I work. I love my co-workers. I love (well, most) of the clients. It is such a nice feeling to be working so hard and loving what you do at the same time.

But, today I am pooped. We haven't gotten much done around the house. I spent the morning with Kate at work. I am headed back there tomorrow morning before church.

On a side note, I am teaching the 3's in VBS this week. It starts tomorrow night. I have a recheck appt for my mouth on Friday and I am cooking supper for next Sunday dinner. I hope that I can keep my thumb out of the way this week! Which, by the way, is healing really well. I get really proud when my cuts heal well... (obviously, that is what I am trying to accomplish with many of the animals I see).

No comments: