Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kate is quite funny these days...

Kate has been our silly one lately (although Brooks leaves so much to catch up to). Here are some catch you up facts about her:

  • While I was napping last week, I guess it ran a little too long (OK, so I have been sick!). When I woke up, Kate had 17 pairs of panties on. At the same time. On the same place. She looked like a super hero from Disney.
  • Last night she prayed that today "we would all go to outer space". Hmmm.....
  • She barely calls Brooks by his name anymore. She just calls him "Son" (just like I do)
  • She wants to help do EVERYTHING. So different than Brooks, who just wants to DO IT MYSELF. I find myself at odds with my own clean genes... but it is fun letting her pitch in on some things.
  • There are many mornings that I wake up with her asleep on the floor beside our bed. I have no idea how long she has been there. She still wakes us up at night 4-5 nights a week. No idea why. Sometimes we let her crawl into bed with us.
  • Saturday afternoon she and I took a nap together on the couch. That was the first time since she was a BABY that we've done that. It was my favorite part of the day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy those snuggles while they last. Blink your eyes and she will be a teenager!!! I so wish my babies, now 16 and 14, would enjoy snuggling with mama. They wouldn't be caught dead!! So sweet!

Heidi said...

FUNNY, FUNNY...... the panties! what a hoot that must have been! if Lily had enough panties left without ruining them all she might want to try that out. hahahaha! too cute. She still has some lil' accidents (# 2's) ooops... sometimes. and I hate washing those things out. I figure panties are cheaper to buy then pullups these days :0

Patrice said...

I can remember Megan putting on as many panties as she could too. Except they were not always where they should be. Sometimes they would be on her head. Sometimes she would get a pair of Tim's, now that was funny.
Just wait until she gets your bras out and tries to put them on. It is hilarious.

Melissa Lester said...

She is such a cutie! The girls enjoyed so much getting an opportunity to play with her. Emma was home with me last week while I was preparing for Caron's surprise party. I told her we needed to go across the street to pick up the cake I had delivered to the neighbor, and I was surprised how much this errand delighted her. When we got home, I understood her excitement when she asked, "But, Mommy, when are we going to pick up Kate?" We will definitely need to do that one day, and it would be an even sweeter treat than cake!