Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another day



This was the week that I would start potty training.
This was the week that you would stop being my baby.
This is the week that you would grow up right before my eyes.
You would never look the same.

But, a cough and cold has curtailed my plans.

Why am I holding on to you so hard?
Could it be that you are possibly my last baby?
Could it be that I never knew that I could love my children so much?

So, for a precious little time longer, you are still my toddler boy.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet picture & post! Made me tear up :)

Kristi said...

Me, too! :)

Donna said...

Ms. Donna said, "Me three"!

Nancy Hood said...

aw, girl, how sweet :) and yes, we do tend to hold on as long as we can. and ya know what? it's okay.

Mom said...

You made your mama cry! That is such a sweet post! He will always be your little boy, trust me! I love you, Kris!

Rebecca said...

Reese asked me yesterday if he was small. I asked him what he thought, and he said he was small. Your post makes me want to just go grab him up and hug for a couple of hours. Thanks for sharing this.

Laura McCann said...

Thanks for making me weep, Kris! How sweet the post and how precious the boy (and Kate). Yes, children won't wait while we do other things...they just keep growing whether we are there to see it and help them or not. They just keep growing...but you got a small reprieve. Enjoy it while you can. ♥ Laura ♥

Robin Burke said...

It's so bittersweet to watch them grow. Katy makes sad and so incredibly happy and proud every single day. It's hard to imagine that your heart can feel so full.

(*though I do have to say...I was happy when potty-training was completed!)