The kids have said some of the funniest things the past few weeks. I have taken to writing them down, because I tend to forget them as quickly as they are said!
* During vacation, Kate was doing something that got a response from Scott, "Kate, if you do that again I'm going to spank that little hiney", to which she replied, "Daddy, I don't have a little hiney! I have a BIG hiney!"
* Have you ever heard the phrase, "We're going home, James!"? I said that a few weeks ago and Brooks replied, "We're going home, Thomas!" (you know - James, Thomas, Henry from Thomas the Train)
* The kids continually ask me what I am doing. No matter what I am doing. Like driving the car, for example. My reply when they ask me the obvious: I am eating pasketti. Usually Brooks will say, "No ma'am you're not! You are driving the car!". Well, last week, after my reply, Brooks said, "No ma'am you're not! You are eating PIZZA!"
* Kate prayed for Reed (our horse) last week, and it was so sweet. Here is part of it: "Dear God, thank you for Mama, Daddy, Me and Brooks. And we hope that everyone feels better real soon. And, we hope that Reed's leg feels better real soon, because we love him more than we'll ever know. In Jesus' name, Amen."
* At the hotel, Kate was looking out of the window. She suddenly exclaimed, "Look, that man is nekid!" (Only shirtless. We are obviously not from Florida)
* Another at the hotel: We are all sleeping in the same room. Scott and I were talking (I thought quietly) when Kate abruptly sits up and says, "Mama. Daddy. I don't want to hear any more talking. It's time to go to bed. Now, get some sleep."