Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Antiques and rainbows


After church on Sunday night, there was the most beautiful rainbow. It was full - all the way across. It stayed for quite a while! I was lucky to have my camera with us from our trip, and this was the best picture that we got.

On our way to the beach we stopped by some antique malls/flea markets in Dothan. I got a new window pane to go in my bathroom (to display more pictures...) and my treat was this beautiful tray. It is French, and according to the mall it dates to the mid 1800's. I just loved it - with the horses and the dog running ahead. Plus, the colors work perfectly with my kitchen.

Below that is an oil of a spaniel. I love the impressionistic look of it. There were several more there also.

Did I say that antiques were my passion? :)





Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by! I saw your comment about the tray you just bought in Destin. How fun! We're going back that way in Sept. so I hope to get out again down there. Your tray looks very pretty and it looks to me like those Italian gilt pieces that are very popular. I have no idea about the age of your tray, it just has the same look as some Italian gilt that I have seen around, but I don't think that stuff is as old as they told you on this one. I really have no idea! Regardless, it's a pretty piece.

Kitty Scraps said...

What a pretty tray. I love the coach scene, it reminds me of something you'd see in a Jane Austen adaptation *smiles*

One Shabby Old House said...

There was a gal selling those pieces at Scotts about a month ago.
They are certainly pricey and popular now.
We have a house in Eufaula so I wonder what Antique mall you went to in Dothan. They have some great ones there.