Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 1 of my adventure


I am going to do this in reverse order, because it's aggravating to go backwards. So, if anyone stops by later on, it's all backwards!
And, I may bore you with more details than you want to read, but this is more for my remembrance...

The Saturday before we were to leave for the beach, Scott arranged me a surprise birthday party. Unknown to me, I believe that everyone in Montgomery and a few surrounding states knew of this... :) It was a blast. I was incredibly surprised! Dr. Brooks faked an emergency at the clinic and asked me to come help. I flew there from Prattville and ran into the clinic, only to be surprised by co-workers, my parents, Leah and Mrs. Tuttle.

{insert soap box here} - having a summer birthday meant that I never celebrated my day at school. This was so special to me for Scott to do this. But, the surprises didn't stop there...

Scott told me that he was going to take me shopping. Mom said that she would watch the kids for the afternoon, and we took off. Only for me to find out that Scott had booked a bed and breakfast for us to spend the night. He had the dogs at the clinic, our suitcases packed, and we headed straight there. I was blown away! We love older homes and hadn't been to a B&B in many years. The one we stayed at was in Montavello - the McKibbon House. It was just beautiful.

That afternoon we went to a local antique store and then to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.




A view of the house from the outside.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mom said...

SOOOO glad that the surprise happened and you had no clue!!! It surely was tough "lying" for about three weeks, just so you wouldn't know!!!! :) Sweet Scott!!!

Patrice said...

I am so glad that you had a great birthday. Dad had told me about Scott going to surprise you for your birthday.

Nancy Hood said...

aw, how romantic! John surprised himself by enjoying the B&B we stayed in when visiting the Warm Springs/Calloway area in Georgia. I'm so glad you had this time together :)

Melissa Lester said...

What a sweet husband! And a sweet wife! Happy belated birthday!