Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Well, we tried...



Scott has caught "the bug" - he was up most of the night last night with the "green apple trots" (as he calls them). He went to the dr. today and they said that he had a viral intestinal infection. THANK GOODNESS THERE IS NO PUKING INVOLVED! :) We can handle some diarrhea. So far, the kids are fine. We decided not to go to church tonight, because so many kids (and adults) are sick right now. They both just got over being sick themselves, and I'm not anxious to get them sick again. I know, I know - I can't avoid it forever, but at least when it is this bad, we can try.

So, I haven't been checking on my blogs today as I usually would. Scott is feeling much better tonight, but is going to stay home tomorrow, too. The kids are going to Mimi's and Pa's house (provided that everyone is fine tomorrow morning).

This morning, when I got the kids up, I told Kate to be quiet, because Daddy was sick. She told me that she needed to give him "big hugs and big kisses so that he would feel better". Well, she blew him kisses from the bedside and that pleased her just fine. When she came to tell him goodnight, she said, "Good night, Sweet Daddy" (usually I tell her "Good night, Sweet Girl") It made a tough day for Scott alot better.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

angie said...

This is a great picture of Kate & tell Scott I am sorry he is feeling so bad. Luckily I don't know very many people with a stomach bug. All that is going around here is the flu & upper respiratory infections which seem to last 2-3 weeks. Hope you guys continue to stay away from the very bad stuff. I guess having a small version of sickness sometimes feels just as bad doesn't it.

Lerra said...

We've been sick in our house too! We should take a poll of who is NOT sick right now. :-)

Unknown said...

"green apple trots"...now THAT made me laugh out loud!! :-)