Thursday, February 7, 2008

One better, one not

Well, this morning I just didn't quite feel right. By the time I left for work, I really wasn't feeling right. But, thanks to Scott's already successful treatment, I started taking his meds. It was a slower day, so I took a nap at Dr. Brooks' house - and I felt 200% better afterwards. She got me to try some charcoal tablets (they act as toxin binders in your GI tract). They worked wonderfully! I know it sounds crazy - but we use it all the time in veterinary medicine. Poor dogs get it in a liquid - and I got it in 2 easy to swallow capsules...

So, the day was slow for Blue Ridge pace, and then a dachshund comes in at 5pm with a dog fight wound under his chin. That, after sedating, I found out had a broken jaw. So, I fixed it as best as could (happened on Sunday, I see the dog on Thursday late) and just hope for the best. I am so tired tonight, because I haven't eaten much today - on account of my stomach. I can't wait to go to bed!

By the way, my Scott is back to normal. I am so glad to have him back!

4 comments:

angie said...

Oh I am so sorry that Scott passed his sick germs to you. Bobby did the same thing to Karen. He said I love her & we share everything, even sick germs. Luckily they don't have the stomach issues just the upper respiratory stuff.

Melissa Lester said...

I hope you are feeling better! A teacher told me about charcoal tablets several years ago, but I have never found them. Where do you get them? Do you take them only after you get sick, or can you take them to avoid getting a bug? We are really prone to stomach bugs, so I would love a good remedy!

Elizabeth Johnston said...

You poor thing! I hope everyone is feeling much better and no one will have round 2!! Love all the pictures! You're kids are too cute! I really love all of Kate's bows!

The Hester Family said...

I'm so sorry you are sick - hey at least you're not puking. ha ha.

I, on the other hand, am looking forward to enjoying the first weekend since early January that I have felt good and NOT been sick. I love antibiotics.