Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My favorite room of my house



(this was the best pic I could find - when we were doing the backsplash)

1. I love our kitchen. We have been in this home for 1 1/2 years, and put our heart and soul into making this kitchen our own.

2. I love many different styles, but I have to say that I am mostly traditional. I love clean lines, symmetry and antiques!

3. My favorite item in this room is my chandelier! This house had a 1980's ceiling fan originally. I purchased a regular light fixture from Lowes (I can say that, right? HA!) but never was very happy with it. While shopping at an antique store I came across this fixture and fell in love! It was the perfect size and the perfect style for me! I purchased it knowing I would need it rewired - which I then did myself (my first rewiring job, I might add). I am so proud of my job and how pretty it looks!



(after just hanging the light!)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Lovely kitchen, wish I had a chandeliar in mine! Rachaelxo

Nancy Hood said...

YOU rewired it?! Girl, I'm impressed! :)

kari and kijsa said...

Your kitchen is amazing and that chandelier is definitely it's crowning jewel!! Wow! We are so impressed about your re-wiring! Stunning-we are in love with how it looks and the lighting looks beautiful!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

kari and kijsa said...

You are the best...we are so glad you got this up and joined in!! We are still in love with your chandelier!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the light. It was made for your house. Your talent amazes me - anything you can't do??You inspire me!

Beneath the Eaves said...

What a wonderful job. Rewiring is scary, but I am sure you are glad you did it. I love power tools too. You can tell you put your heart and soul into the kitchen. Great job.
Debra

Lerra said...

I love your kitchen!! And you already know that I love that chandelier. :-)

Me on Metatrophin said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the light!

Vee said...

I'm noticing the angle of the stove...how intriguing. I can see where that would make a lot of sense for extra space. I really like your chandelier, too.

Vee said...

Ahhh, Kristi, and here I thought that it was such a unique and wonderful approach! :D

Tammy said...

It's beautiful! Very inspiring...I feel I have said that to you before though!