Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Well, that can't be good...."

Has it been a week since posting? Yikes!

To catch you up:

I did work 3 days last week at the clinic. Dr. Brooks took a well deserved long weekend to Gulf Shores. It wasn't all that bad (busy/overwhelming, that is), but it still whipped me a bit. Then, some friends came over and ate with us Sat night, we took our adopted student out for lunch on Sunday AM, and went to BK with Mark and Leah Sunday night.

Then, it was back to the old grind on Monday with work.

We are all doing fine. I however, have been struggling with oral ulcers for the last month. It seems that as soon as one heals, another starts. This past weekend, I had 3 of them. This time, they were on both sides of my mouth, so it has made it so hard to eat. I believe that's another reason I got whipped this weekend. But, they are feeling better today, thank goodness! In fact, I ate a HUGE BBQ sandwich for lunch and enjoyed every second of it. My ulcers hurt a little, but I could eat reasonably comfortably.

Today, I took the kids into work (YIKES!) to help Dr. Brooks out this morning. She has lithotrophy done on her heels (for heel spurs) yesterday. We all weren't sure how she was going to feel, but she said her feet felt pretty good. I had also taken a sweet little poodle home last night - she came in hit by a car last night about 5pm - and belongs to the sweetest older gentleman you will ever meet. She was seizing on arrival, and I ended up having to sedate her to get her to stop. She did very well last night and I had to bring her back to the clinic anyway. The kids were great - Kate played with the pill vials (which is what she usually does) and the girls took turns holding Brooks (he actually gets quite heavy the longer you hold him) while I did a few surgeries and saw a few rooms.

So, this afternoon I took one of our techs, Jessica, to my orthodontist in B'ham. She made an appt for a consultation about braces. I was thrilled that she wanted to see him, and when she asked if I wanted to go, of course I said yes! So, here we go (again) with children in tow (YIKES again). Dr. Boggan came over and gave me a big hug when he saw us in the waiting room. And, much to my amusement (and his, too, I'm sure) I immediately "confessed" that I still had 7 aligners to use to complete my treatment... After a sweet reprimand, I agreed to go back to wearing them again! I really needed to, anyway. I think after Thanksgiving... I think... HA!

I'm so glad I got to go with Jessica. She is such a good girl, and really reminds me of myself at that age. She is a very dedicated student and is so ready to go to vet school! We agreed that we should plan our appts together so that we can ride together to B'ham to see Dr. Boggan.

Tomorrow I will spend the day cooking my portion of Thanksgiving dinner. We are going to my Grandparents' house as is our tradition, and I just love it. My favorite part is the GRAPEFRUIT that Aunt Pat brings from FL. Yet, another reason to get rid of these ulcers! ARGH!

OH.... lest I forget....

Brooks accidentally set off the fire alarms during the sermon at church Sunday AM. I actually heard our minister Randy say (in midst of his sermon), "Well, that can't be good..." It was quite harmless, I was quite embarrassed, and all I could think of was one day saying...... "Do you remember that Sunday that Brooks set off the fire alarms at church?"

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I can imagine how embarrassed you were about the fire alarm. It was funny though!

Anonymous said...

Too funny about the fire alarm! Sound like something one of mine would do :) ~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

kristi

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi this is Meredith.I finally learned how to use this thing.Well,hope you have a great thanksgiving and I can't wait till Saturday when we kick some Bama butt.Try to keep Scott from eating too much.Well, talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How did Brooks do that? Leave it to a little boy to find a way to cause mischief! Have a great Turkey Day & tell your family I said hello. I will give you a call on Friday - I'm off.