Monday, November 26, 2007

My sweet daughter


2 funny Kate things:


1. Aunt Casey and Sophia brought several toys for Brooks to play with. Well, Kate (of course) loves them too. Last night, she started playing a toy piano (just 4 keys, mind you) and wanted me to play too. I started singing the color with the tone of the key... "Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange!" Then, Kate starts asking, "Sing it again, Mama! Sing it again!" So, I start singing the color song, and she starts jumping (her version of dancing) down the hall....


2. This past weekend, while folding laundry, Kate came over to me (just before bed), and said so sweetly, "Mama, you are my best friend". I just don't know of anything else that could have melted my heart more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you are beginning to understand how wonderful being a parent can be! Those precious little souls and their sweet words, you will always keep that with you. Now, maybe you know just how much I love you three kids---when you were children---and even more so now that you are parents (Rick will be there soon!). Give Kate and Brooks a big hug from Mimi!