Monday, November 26, 2007

Melissa, do you remember this?


I have had this for years, and still hang it my tree! And, now (finally) I can show you that I am still a sentimental person... HA! It is dated 1986. I think this was the last Christmas before you moved to FL, is that right? Anyway, when I see it, fond memories always flood my mind...
****Collecting rocks
****Walking to your house (like anyone could do that now)
****Spending the night at your Grandparents (Clarks) and cooking pudding and making place mats and NOT going to sleep
****The cuckoo clock and piano in your parent's living room
****Do you remember seeing those huge rats in the water ditch?
****Brad Smith
****Sherman Menchew
****Hitting the boys with our purses after church
****The impossibly steep driveway at your house
****Your Mom's Chevy Blazer (you guys were the trailblazers)
****Alex, the huge black lab
****Getting the Disney Channel with the plastic stick made from the milk jug (I remember your Dad showing my Dad how to do that)
****Brian throwing the box of candy at Casey's feet that Valentines Day
Thanks for being my first real best friend. I'm so glad to be able to keep up with you now!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! That was right before we moved in '87! I have so many fond memories of our time together - sleep overs, Hello Kitty stuff, unicorns . . . so many good memories! I bet my parents still have a ton of stuff in their attic. I need to go down there for about a week just to go through everything!

I was just explaining to Chris the other day about the Hello Kitty store at the Macon Mall. He totally didn't understand why a store like that would be so cool.

I'm glad to keep up with your family, too. I was always very bad at staying in touch, but the internet makes it soooo much easier!

Leslie said...

I am curious about how my dad got the Disney Channel with a straw made form a milk jug?!! Although I was 6 when we moved, I have my own memories of your family and mine! I remember you,Melissa and some other girl car pooled to Windsor. I can remember mom cramming all five of us in the Chevy Blazer. She wouldn't be able to get away with that now! It is great to be able to keep in touch with your family this way!

Lerra said...

Melissa - I don't know you, but I just have to say that I LOVED the Hello Kitty store that used to be at our Montgomery Mall!

Kristi - I'm glad I'm not the only one who still puts up sentimental ornaments! Our tree isn't very classy or glamorous, but it's beautiful to me. :-)