One of my favorite things to experience is when a scent brings back a memory. Look at this beautiful bowl of black eyed peas (pre-cooked that is). When they were cooking, the aroma was so fragrant - just like Grandmama's kitchen when we stayed with her during the summer. I just loved the memory it evoked!
Here are some other scents that bring back memories for me:
- There is a specific lotion that I used with both of our kids, and I kept a small trial size of it. When I smell it, I am returned to when they were babies.
- My horses mane. It reminds me what it was like growing up at the barn.
- Adams flea shampoo. It reminds me of my first dog.
- A baby's head. Need I say more.
- I have another face lotion that Tammy brought me when I was in the hospital before Kate was born. When I smell it, I remember those long days.
- Ivory soap reminds me of Grandmama.
- Este Lauder's Pleasures perfume reminds me of Nana. It was her favorite.
- My favorite scents from the clinic are the autoclave just after opening it, and BKT ear ointment (don't even ask).