Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Relay for life

Posted by Picasa

I have been unable to add type to my blog for so long! So, here is the low down from Relay this year.

Our team was comprised from University CofC. Relay was held at the Faulkner football field (as opposed to AUM in years past) and it was really nice there. The field is so nice and soft - almost as if you could bounce on it! Kate and Brooks ran and ran around the track. It was embarrassing that I couldn't keep up! But, I'll enlighten more on that at a later date.

We raised over $2,000.00 as a team. The Montgomery totals were over $53,000.00. Although this year I was cramped for time, the fund raising totals took on a more special meaning this year with Grandaddy being diagnosed with cancer, and my friend Sara being diagnosed with colon cancer. I was glad to be able to help them out.

No comments: