Now, let me tell you ALL the things that went wrong this weekend. Honestly, I started a mental list - they were getting quite numerous.
- First, I never got a schedule of lecture times. Plus, it never OCCURRED to me that I needed to (yep - last week was a long week). So, after getting up early and arriving in B'ham at 9:30am, I found out that lectures didn't start until 6pm.
- Great. I had 8 hours to kill.
- That morning, my sister-in-law called to tell me that she thought my brother had a 24hr stomach virus. And, I am supposed to stay with them. And, I hate to throw up. I mean, really hate it. So, I decide that I will come home that night and drive back on Sat.
- So, in an effort to avoid their house, I decided to hit some flea markets that Scott and I visited during our trip last August.
- That was fun, except it rained HARD all day long.
- I didn't bring an umbrella.
- I got a headache that afternoon. Did I bring Advil? NOPE. I brought Reglan (for vomiting) and Allerchlor (for allergies). And, that was it.
- Stopped at the gas station. (2) Advil cost $1.30. What a rip off.
- Almost got a hotel. Sucked it up and went to Rick's house.
- Decided that since lecture wouldn't end until 9pm, I should spend the night after all. Am I really going to drive home at 9pm?
- Didn't pack any clothes. Didn't bring my birth control. Didn't bring a toothbrush.
- Scott decides that he will bring him self and the kids up, with my essentials, so that we could all spend the night.
- Remember that I didn't have to be in B'ham until 6pm? Scott took a sick day to watch the kids on Friday. Yep. A sick day that got wasted.
- So, he gets there. I take Lightning to the conference (it was parked behind the truck). Scott says he will just spend the night.
- Then, we remember that the dogs are at home and will have to GO POTTY. So, I go back to switch out the vehicles so they can drive home.
- Scott and kids get home about 10:45pm. He drove home after 9pm (just like I didn't want to do).
- He forgot to pack my pajamas.
- I slept in a tee shirt and corduroy pants.
Saturday was fine. Nothing went "wrong"! :) We did have a great visit with Rick and Brooke. Rick was feeling much better by Friday night. And, I consider myself a bit smarter today! :)