Saturday, February 28, 2009

An eventful weekend

I attended a conference this weekend in Birmingham. It was great - I learned so much! I told Scott, it's amazing how much I have forgotten since being in school. You get so used to the routine things you see, and then you are at a loss when you see something different. I do this at every CE; I think of all the patients that I wish I could have tried something on, thought of something different.

Now, let me tell you ALL the things that went wrong this weekend. Honestly, I started a mental list - they were getting quite numerous.
  • First, I never got a schedule of lecture times. Plus, it never OCCURRED to me that I needed to (yep - last week was a long week). So, after getting up early and arriving in B'ham at 9:30am, I found out that lectures didn't start until 6pm.
  • Great. I had 8 hours to kill.
  • That morning, my sister-in-law called to tell me that she thought my brother had a 24hr stomach virus. And, I am supposed to stay with them. And, I hate to throw up. I mean, really hate it. So, I decide that I will come home that night and drive back on Sat.
  • So, in an effort to avoid their house, I decided to hit some flea markets that Scott and I visited during our trip last August.
  • That was fun, except it rained HARD all day long.
  • I didn't bring an umbrella.
  • I got a headache that afternoon. Did I bring Advil? NOPE. I brought Reglan (for vomiting) and Allerchlor (for allergies). And, that was it.
  • Stopped at the gas station. (2) Advil cost $1.30. What a rip off.
  • Almost got a hotel. Sucked it up and went to Rick's house.
  • Decided that since lecture wouldn't end until 9pm, I should spend the night after all. Am I really going to drive home at 9pm?
  • Didn't pack any clothes. Didn't bring my birth control. Didn't bring a toothbrush.
  • Scott decides that he will bring him self and the kids up, with my essentials, so that we could all spend the night.
  • Remember that I didn't have to be in B'ham until 6pm? Scott took a sick day to watch the kids on Friday. Yep. A sick day that got wasted.
  • So, he gets there. I take Lightning to the conference (it was parked behind the truck). Scott says he will just spend the night.
  • Then, we remember that the dogs are at home and will have to GO POTTY. So, I go back to switch out the vehicles so they can drive home.
  • Scott and kids get home about 10:45pm. He drove home after 9pm (just like I didn't want to do).
  • He forgot to pack my pajamas.
  • I slept in a tee shirt and corduroy pants.

Saturday was fine. Nothing went "wrong"! :) We did have a great visit with Rick and Brooke. Rick was feeling much better by Friday night. And, I consider myself a bit smarter today! :)

2 comments:

ICURIS said...

AND you left your hairspray and hairbrush and comb here! we'll have them stored for the next time we see ya'll.

R&B

Unknown said...

Are we gong to have another little Busby baby soon, then? LOL!! Funny story. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, though!!