Sunday, October 11, 2009

The best weekend ever

Scott called me from work on Friday, and you could tell by his voice that his day wasn't going all that well. I told the kids that we needed to make Daddy a special supper. So, that afternoon late I was getting things prepared: Parmesan chicken, lima beans, mac 'n' cheese and garlic bread. Scott got home early - pleasant surprise! I was only half way through making dinner, so he colored with the kids. I had a great CD playing, my house smelled like dinner (complete with candles) and I could watch the kids playing and laughing with Scott. It was the best EVER.

To totally top that off, Scott bought me roses.

Saturday, I replaced our shattered storm door with a new one - all by myself! :) Dad was coming over to do it for me, but I thought how fun it would be to have it finished before he got here. I almost did, lacking a few steps when he showed up. It felt great to do another project. Then I spent the afternoon shopping and getting a pedicure.

It feels great to have this week start off so great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a great weekend. I looove, when Greg's home, I'm cooking and it smells like dinner, and we have music playing. Such joy.

And good for you, fixing that storm door by yourself. You better believe I would've been waiting for my dad:).